Can you smell gas?
Feeling ill? Headaches… nausea… dizziness?
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas boilers, cookers and fires can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it againÂ until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- TurnÂ off the gas supply at the mains
- Call the National Gas Emergency number (see below)
- If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospitalÂ immediately and tell them thatÂ your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Contact us toÂ check all your gas appliances.
National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999.