What to do in an emergency

By 24 June, 2015 January 19th, 2018 Uncategorized

Can you smell gas?

Feeling ill? Headaches… nausea… dizziness?

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas boilers, cookers and fires can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:

  • Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
  • Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
  • Turn off the gas supply at the mains
  • Call the National Gas Emergency number (see below)
  • If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • Contact us to check all your gas appliances.

National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999.

rocketit

About rocketit

290 Comments

Leave a Reply